Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Lord Of The Rings Hobbits Reunite 10 Years Later

10 years ago, director Peter Jackson brought the fantastical and mythic world of J.R.R. Tolkien ‘s Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring to life on the big screen. That film was the first of a trilogy of hugely successful films based on Tolkien ‘s work, beloved by fans all around the world. [...]

Altho, because of the time difference, it took all day for me to get from LA to NYC I have to say that my day was pretty much perfect. Not only did my flight leave on time but I managed to sleep enough and get lost in a book enough that the 5+ hour flying time seemed to go by quicker than usual. My placement on the plane meant that I got off the plane very quickly and then I happily found no line at all at the taxi queue. The ride from the airport to David’s sister’s apartment also flew by because there was no traffic — at all. I dare say it was the most perfect travel day I’ve ever experienced.




The only downside, I’d say, is the weather. It wasn’t too bad last night but the temps have fallen considerably today … and the forecast is for rain … to turn into SNOW flurries by Saturday. OY! I’ll be holed up inside all day long, only venturing out tonight to see Sleep No More … the same goes for tomorrow. Hopefully the snow will hold off on Sat until I can sneak out and fly back to LA (where, I understand, the temps will be in the 80s). It is great to be back in NYC but I really won’t get to do much. I have a very short and very specific schedule. Still … it is good to be back.




Aretha Franklin
gagner de l'argent
John Tyler
the spirit of Christmas
Tony Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment